mardi 2 juin 2009

New Blue Belts + Limburg Open 2009 results

Congratulations to Robin and Dominique who received their blue belt from Thomas and Ben last week. This is together with our first blue belt Stef, the second and third blue belts awarded at the academy in Gent. This proves that hard work and motivation remain some of the most important aspects of BJJ. Both Dominique and Robin have been with us since the begining and Robin recently won his first competition at the Limburg Open.

Results BJJ Limburg Open 2009:

Open class, Adults White Belt

1. Robin Venneman (Sequana Academy)
2. Wout Westra (Gracie Barra Eindhoven)
3. Chango Eersel (Team Agua)

Congratulations to Robin for his 4 (!!!) triangle submissions in 5 fights during the open class.

In other news, there's some change to the payment system of the Academy in Gent so head over to http://www.bjj-gent.be/ to find out more about it.

I'm in Los Angeles right now where I'm waiting for the World Championship to sart on thursday. I'm really excited to be here and I cant wait to fight. The weather is not as warm as I expected it to be which is a good thing right now. I'm already over the time change as I prepared myself to it during my last weekend in Belgium. I will try and post regular updates as the competition goes on. There are a lot of fighters I want to see especially in the black belts divisions but also in some of the purple divisions.

"Kill the snake of doubt in your soul, crush the worms of fear in your heart, and mountains will move out of your way" ~ Kate Seredy

The arena at the California State University of Long Beach

3 commentaires:

Stef a dit…

Hei Jp,

The best of luck with your fights!!!

Anonyme a dit…

Het allerbeste JP!

Voor ons ben je al de winnaar :)

Anonyme a dit…

MEDIUM HEAVY

FIRST vasili nikolaev Cesar Gracie
SECOND carsell swain Brazilian Top Team
THIRD stuart tyrie Gracie Barra
THIRD jean pascal bolle sequana ac


GRATZ JP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!