mardi 16 juin 2009

World BJJ Championship results.

Adults White Belt -88kg
1. Vasili Nikolaev - (Cesar Gracie - US)
2. Carsell Swain - (Brazilian Top Team - US)
3. Stuart Tyrie - (Gracie Barra - UK)
3. Jean-Pascal Bolle - (Sequana Academy - Belgium)


Needless to say that I had a blast in Los Angeles last week. I got to see so many great fights in all classes and categories and even more amazing competitors during these 4 insane days. This was a truly wondeful experience and I hope to be part of it again next year.

On a personal level, I want to thank once again my trainer Thomas Zenthner for his knowlegde and the hours spent training and sweating together. I finished both my first 2 fights by submission (triangle) and lost in semi-final to decision (2-0).

Most of all I want to thank all my teammates for making this possible. Without people to roll with, there would have been no serious training and in no way I would have ever thought about going to Long Beach for the mundial. This is a podium for the entire academy and all the dedicated people training relentlessly week after week. The academy in Gent is only about 18 months old and we struggled a lot in the beginning due to a lack of people to train with. Now things are coming together and we've gathered a much larger group of people to roll with which makes things way cooler and way better for all of us. So thanks again to all of you for your presence and support.

Jp-


The Long Beach State University pyramid.

Competition started early every morning at 9.00 am

Faixa branca - meio pesado - podium mundial 2009





Aucun commentaire: